I just wanted to get everyone updated on the status of Energy Security. This project is not dead, though I have been admittedly neglecting to post new analyses. I hope to fix that in the coming months. In addition, I think that everything will move in a different direction from the previous posts, with a focus on getting information out in a briefer format more frequently rather than submitting longer pieces, like those already up. The post on the Myths of Fracking may be a good example of how things will evolve.
Regardless, I’m looking forward to the months to come and bringing new content. With that said, I think the following topics will deserve a briefing:
- Oil and Gas Developments in an Unstable Iraq
- Effects of Iranian Sanctions on Russia and Central Asia
- The American Shale Revolution – What It Means Domestically and Internationally
- Canadian Bitumen – The Frozen North Heats Up
- Fracking and Water Concerns
- Primer on the Energy Infrastructure of the USA
- Prospects of the Liberalization of Pemex
- Twilight of the Supermajors and Rise of the NOCs?
- Rosneft and the Russian Focus on East Asian LNG
- Internal Energy Politics of Russia
- Arctic Energy
- Going Nuclear with Thorium
- Systemic Effects of Draw down of Nuclear Power in Germany and Japan
- The Viability of Algal Biofuels and Cellulosic Ethanol
- The Latent Chinese Shale Revolution
- PetroBras and Prospects of Brazilian Energy Independence
- Instability in Nigeria – Boko Haram and the Nigerian Oil & Gas Bounty
- Chinese Encroachment on Central Asia and Geopolitical Implications
- Future of Coal
- The Effects of US-Saudi Tension
If you have any suggestions or would like to see a particular topic covered more quickly, please go ahead and leave a comment. I can see to it that I cover it more quickly.